Spring 2021 Course Schedule
|Spring ’21 Courses
A complete list of Spring 2021 courses can be found here.
Office Hours: Monday 3pm – 5pm
1 University Dr., Camarillo CA, 93012 [Map]
Courses @ Channel Islands (2014 – pres)
|IT 152 – Programming for Health Informatics|
|Introduction to computer programming for Health Informatics professionals. Design and implementation of data structures and algorithms for solving system, network, and security problems in management and administration of Health Information Systems.|
|COMP 342 – Internet-Based Social Networks|
|Explores the ongoing evolution of Internet based social networks using an interdisciplinary approach. Incorporates research from sociology, computer science, media studies, and philosophy to understand Internet based social networks, cultural and structural conditions of online communication, virtual identity construction, management of digital media, and the impact online social networks have on various institutions of society.|
|IT 401- Web Intelligence|
|Using web programming to extract information, using intelligent search engines, artificial intelligence techniques (expert systems, agents). Topics include: data mining, data warehousing, natural language processing, decision support systems, and intelligent agents|
|COMP / IT 405 – Mobile App Development for Android OS|
|Mobile Application Development for Android Devices, responds to the growing demand for highly skilled mobile application developers. Large and small corporations, businesses, non-profit organizations, and civic and governmental agencies all require mobile applications on some level. This has created a wide range of employment opportunities and options for individuals who have the skills to develop these mobile applications. In this course, students will be introduced to the Android mobile application environment and write programs for Android-enabled devices such as smartphones, tablet computers, automotive and wearable devices.|
|COMP 420 – Databases|
|This course covers analysis of Relational Database Management Systems including their design and implementation. Topics include: database structure including: structure definition, data models, semantics of relations, and operation on data models; database schemas: element definition, use and manipulation of the schema; elements of implementation.; algebra of relations on a database; hierarchical data bases. Discussion of information retrieval, reliability, protection and integrity of databases.|
|COMP / PSY 449 – Human Computer Interaction (offered fall/spring/summer)|
|The information exchange between humans and computer systems will be examined. Aspects of input/output devices, software engineering, and human factors will be discussed with respect to human-computer interactions. Topics include: text and graphic display; user modeling; program design, debugging, complexity and comprehension; and current research studies and methodologies.|
|COMP 520 – Advanced Databases|
|This graduate course covers advanced analysis of Relational Database Management Systems including their design and implementation. Topics include relational algebras, Entity Relation Diagrams, first, second, and third Normal Forms, data integrity constraints, triggers, query optimization, indexing, stored procedures, distributed databases, database administration issues, transaction processing and scheduling, object oriented database modeling, and data security.|
|COMP 575 – Multi-agent Systems|
|Analysis of design issues that currently confront software engineers as they define the electronic ecosystem that will be housed in the computer networks of the future. The course focuses on state-of-the-art agent technology. In this course the student will build an agent development framework and then implement several intelligent agents.|
|COMP 599 – Graduate Seminar|
|Oral presentations of current advancements in the field, reports on students’ research, master thesis, and projects.|
|BUS 550 – The Contemporary Firm|
|This course emphasizes the strategic and management issues associated with the effective use of information technology. Topics include information systems & control, electronic commerce, databases and data mining, systems development, IT infrastructure and strategy.|
Independent Research (COMP 494 / IT 494)
- Measuring Health Literacy Using Medical Subject Headings Extracted from Online Health Literature, Ryan Rackermann, f. 2018.
- Fitbit Tracking and Android OS Integration, Garrett Edwards, sp. 2018.
- A Dynamic Analysis and Graphing of Key Medical Terms, Francisco Moo, sp. 2017.
- Health e-Capture, Evan Hauck, f. 2016.
- Construction of a Sentiment Analyzing Discussion Board, Glo Mercado, sp. 2016.
Masters Theses (COMP 597)
- CycleFacePencil: Using CycleGAN with DeepFacePencil to generate realistic photo images from poorly drawn sketches, Niranjan Pawar, 2021 (Chair).
- Performance Analysis of Web Services using HTTP/2, Raviteja Gorijala, 2020 (Chair).
- Using Machine Learning Methods to Study the Correlation of Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and Alzheimer’s Disease, Marco Cabrera, , 2020 (Chair).
- GraphQL Implementation on REST API, Vasanthi Lingamdinne, 2020 (Chair).
- Voyager: Tracking Via a Click, Samuel Decanio, 2020.
- Comparison of Different Techniques for Fake News Detection, Moosa Ahmed Shariff, 2020 (Chair).
- Determining Relevancy of Websites in Tweets with use of Targeted Hashtags and Natural Language Processing, Sean Van Hoven, 2020 (Chair).
- FeedMeRight-Recipe Recommendation System, Pallavi Amod Chavan, 2020 (Chair).
- WHIRLPOOL: Data Acquisition using N-node Distributed Web Crawler, Rihan Pereira, 2020.
- Helping Sapiens: A Geo-based mobile Application to help people in the vicinity, Simrandeep Singh, 2019 (Chair).
- Path Planning And Collision Avoidance for Clustered Central Place Foraging, Apurva Bharaswadkar, 2019.
- Turing Machine Simulator and its Underlying Mechanism, Hang Zhang, 2019.
- The Importance of NBA Box Score Statistics and the Value of Statistical Outbursts, Jack Bension, 2019.
- Performing Sentiment Analysis on Tweets: A Comparison of Machine Learning Algorithms Across Large Data Sets, Derek Lu, 2019 (Chair).
- Multilingual Digital Signage using Computer Vision and Bluetooth Beacons, Suhas Dwarakanath, 2019 (Chair).
- EEG Signal Processing and Analysis Using Efficient Machine Learning Techniques, Zhe Zhang, 2018.
- Aneka- Detecting various forms of the same Wavelet Image Hashing Algorithm, Geetanjali Agarwal, 2018.
- Identifying Rocky Intertidal Zone Plant Species using Convolutional Neural Networks, Mitali Shah, 2018
- Central Place Foraging: Separating Search and Collection, Nick Stern, 2018.
- Learning Classifier Methods in Prediction of Heart Disease, Dharini Parvathinathan, 2018 (Chair).
- Image Recognition, Deepa Suryawanshi, 2018.
- Voyager: Identifying Ips from online clicks, Dhruv Pandya, 2017.
- Low Cost Design to Support Health Care Needs of Underserved Populations: Using SMS and AI to Engage At-Risk Populations, Vijay Singh, 2017 (Chair).
- The Experiments of Lossless Seeds Filtration in Pattern Matching Problems, Tuan Tran, 2017.
- Design Safety Verification of Medical Device Models using Automata Theory, Hita Gambheer, 2016.
- Geo-Coordinate Analysis and Estimation Using Public Geocoding and Social- Local Data, Adrian Mummey, 2016.
- Fingerprint Analysis using Minutiae Triplets, Shawn Richardson, 2016.
Capstone Project Supervision (COMP 499 / IT 499)
- Stracker – Inspire Movement, Elliot Diaz, f. 2020.
- CINexus: A Location-based Bulletin Application, Marc Julian Jamerlan, f. 2019.
- SoCal Lupies – A Lupus Awareness Website, Vanessa Hawkins, f. 2019.
- OccuPi – A Smart Device Tracker, Brendan Johnston, f. 2019.
- CI Inside, Ryan Santos, f. 2019.
- CSUCI Santa Rosa Island Research Station Sustainability Platform, Geraldine Salazar-Harm, f. 2019.
- Can’t Pause, I’m Online, Juan Casimiro, sp. 2019.
- Dog Breed Identification, Maria Contreras, sp. 2019.
- Robot Conquest, Baily Durkin, sp. 2019.
- Rescue Records for Android, Jennifer Hamlet, sp. 2019.
- Trip Buddy for Android, Timothy Hardison, sp. 2019.
- Smart Mirror, Jorelle Macalma and Wayne Keithley, sp. 2019.
- Quick Note for Android, Gerardo Magana, sp. 2019.
- Health Knowledge Quiz, Ryan Rackerman, sp. 2019.
- Movie Recommendation System, Travis Wight, sp. 2019.
- TravelBugCI, Jazmin Casillas and Haley Wurst, f. 2018.
- Gamer T: Gamer Media for Android, Robert Aroutionian, Samantha Boland & Jesus Chavez, f. 2018.
- Fitbit to Monitor Heart Health, Garrett Edwards, Chenglin Lu, Michael Wilson, f. 2018.
- CI JOURNEY, Erick Gamboa and Jason Lara, f. 2018.
- Multiplayer Texas Hold’em App, Rodrigo Gonzalez-Rubio, f. 2018.
- Moonpool: An Educational iOS Application, Claudia Alamillo, f. 2018.
- CFOPSolver: Rubik’s Cube Solving Program, Christian Sy, f. 2018.
- DolphinCoin: A New Student Currency, Daniel Sgobassi, sp. 2018.
- Ventura County Health: Targeting Populations of Interest Using Cost Analysis, Peter Collins, sp. 2018.
- Litsphere.com -A Social Content Review Application, Christopher Hunter, sp. 2018.
- Raspberry Pidal,” Richard Sherman, sp. 2018.
- Bitcoin Investment Predictor Using Twitter API, Colby Buffo and George Curtin, f. 2017.
- The Suggestion Box Reimagined, Riley Moore, f. 2017.
- Rep Counter for iOS, Viren Gill and Dominic Vaughn, sp. 2017.
- Building a Smart Mirror, Francisco Moo and James Wihlborg, sp. 2017.
- Musical Performance Assistant, William Bellas, sp. 2016.
- MobileMouse – an iOS application, Michael Fasoline and Teo Galindo, sp. 2016.
- CSUCI Math 94/95 Lab Website Rebuild, Kelsey Pritsker, sp. 2016.
Courses Designed and Developed
- COMP 590: Advanced Topics in Computer Science (Mobile Apps Programming)
- COMP/IT 405: Mobile Application Development
- IT 401: Web Intelligence
- COMP 342: Internet-based Social Networking
- HIT 152: Programming for Health Informatics
Past Courses (2008 – 2014)
- Management Information Systems
- Web Database Development with PHP and MySQL
- SQL Server Database Administration
- Oracle Database Administration
- Database Concepts Using Microsoft Access
- Software Development
- Programming Concepts and Problem Solving
- Data Structures in C++
- Java Programming
- Intermediate C# Programming
- User Experience Design